Thursday, September 9, 2010

Goin Back in Time....

Since it has been so long since I posted, I thought I might try to go back to what we have been up to since basically winter time. As for winter time, I was so smug in my fantisizing of mild winters. Winters in which we had enough snow to feel cozy but that melted quickly. Well, I think that Mother Nature decided to show me. I know, like she knows me personally. Ha! Anyway, we had a whopper of a winter here in Old Virginny! Right before Christmas we got 24 inches. And as I have bragged before, once I learned that we were moving here to VA I sold my snowblower up in NH. Joke was on me. And to add insult to injury, the movers didn't pack the snow shovels. And, there wasn't a shovel to be had in the whole area, we were trying to remove snow with leave rakes. We begged off the neighbors and shared with the other neighbors who were unprepared as well. We were holed up in our cozy house. We had the fire going and plenty of "snow food" (junk food) and we lived!!! Sami was here for the holidays and Katy had yet to get here. And the holidays were nice, and then came the months of Jan and Feb. We had another bigger storm the end of Jan. And since the snow removal requirements here are usually not needed the snow hung around for a long time. Keaton pretty much missed the month of Feb. of school. He was not complaining. So, that is what the winter here was like. I was not thrilled, I kept asking the locals, "is this normal?" "please tell me this is highly unusual". They did.

2 comments:

The Halloween Fans said...

Yucky! Winter....I'm glad I dont have a driveway to shovel like that. Hmm...so did you invest in a snowblower?

Sheryl said...

That is amazing! I can't believe you used lawn rakes. What a pain!