Sunday, September 12, 2010

Boating.....What a blast!!!

This summer we joined a boat club. Jim had been toying around talking about getting a boat and I was so totally against it. And we all know that it would just be another chore for me to have to care for a boat. Not to mention, we had no way of towing a boat and if you have seen our driveway, that could have been a real bugger to deal with. So, he was always teasing me about getting a boat. Well, that died down for a while and then this spring he started in again. Little did I know, he was really thinking hard about this boat thing. He even started looking online for used "sailboats". Yea, I know, at first he thought he wanted to learn to sail. You all know Jim and how he can come up with these kakamaymie ideas. Well, then he hears about this Carefree boat club. So, I humor him, thinking whatever, he won't do it, but  I will humor him. So, I said, let's go check it out. Well, we walked away from "checking it out " with an appt. to go to boat school (a one day class) and members. Basically we don't own a boat. But we can use a boat pretty much whenever we want. We just call them up, and they get it out of the boatell and put it in the water and we get in and take off up the river or down the river as in the Potomac River. The same river President George Washington used to fish in and live on a bank of, and his home is still there and we have boated past numerous times this summer. We have had a few moments that were not so fun. We had one that broke down on us and Jim got a little miffed about that, more like had an anxiety attack over it. He thought that maybe we had ruined it or something, Mom and I tried to assure him that it was sick when we took it out. Also, that was the only time we have been able to get Keaton out there and it was a bust. Oh well, all the other times have been fun. We have really enjoyed it. Hoping to go at least once more before the season ends.

No comments: