Monday, October 27, 2008

So Alot can change in a short amount of time

Hey all, just thought I would let you all in on a decision we have made. We are pulling Keaton from the local school system and I will be home schooling. Now, for those of you that are saying, "what the hell is she thinking" let me just say, I don't know!!!! No, really, it has been a rough couple of years academically for young one and at this point this is what we think is best for him as does he (I know, I was surprised too). So, any of you praying on a regular basis, remember us in them, I could use all the support I can get. I will keep you posted as to how it is going. I am scared, excited, hopeful. I feel in my gut this is a good thing. Let's hope it isn't just "gas".

5 comments:

House of Hullinger said...

KUDO'S to you. Way to have the courage. Let me know how it goes.

Stacey said...

What system are you using? In Utah they give a computer and all the books to the kids for the year and they submit all their work online. If they didn't need such a break from their controlling mother I would consider it. The ONLY thing I worry about with homeschooling is the social aspect. I think it's a fantastic thing! Hopefully he will progress well with it, and I wish you the best!

The Halloween Fans said...

Good luck! I dont have the patience. Keep us updated.

LeeAnn Callister said...

I think there is great potential and anything that removes a child out of the Ugly environment of Jr. High is good, maybe when kids can be kids again in High School, 10th grade, then maybe it would be better. I really think it can be a good deal for him. Bless your heart. also can you believe the word for security I have to type in is testical? (maybe not the correct spelling, but the sound is the same) :):):)

Sheryl said...

Huge step & big deal!!! I hope & pray it goes very well. I often hear good things about homeschooled kids and improved learning. One of Ben's sisters homeschools a couple of her children and they all love it. They've learned tons - even Spanish (they learn it online). There is an online school run by Paul Zane Pilzer (a guy Gary and I listened to and got to meet last week). Maybe it's worth taking a look at too. I'll see if I can get some info for you. Love ya!