Thursday, September 11, 2008

Call me the repair goddess thank you!





So, I don't understand why things don't last like they used to. I had our first dryer for around 12 years before I had to replace it. Then the second one pooped out when we moved to Westford. This one is 7 years old now and I have had to have fuses replaced and today is the second time I have had to replace drum seals. I did this same repair job 2 years ago. Well, the plus side of that is that I knew more of what I was doing this time around. Thank goodness for manuals. So, all in all I fixed it in under 3 hours. That includes time to let the glue dry on the seals and vacuuming all of the lint inside. So, nice and clean. I do have to say though, that will probably be the last time I repair it. I don't know how much longer it will last and I figured out why the seal went in just two years. There is metal that is shirred and will ruin this seal in probably a year. Oh well, I saved at least 350.00 So good for me. I know how I get when I repair something, all full of myself and all, well just bear with me and don't be jealous. He He

3 comments:

House of Hullinger said...

I know you are always looking for a job so why don't you call Maytag? You could take over the Maytag world and be the Maytag Man on the commercials.

LeeAnn Callister said...

You are my daughter, and there comes a time when yu just figure out a way to buy it.

Stacey said...

How's this for a star studded connection...I fixed our dryer too! And on the same day even! Our coils were bad, and I replaced them. Thank heavens for warm weather...we haven't had a heated dryer for almost a week. It sucked.