



This past Saturday I had to drive Jim up to the Dulles airport. In the process, I remembered that I thought there was an apple orchard close by. So, I dropped the man off at the curb, and said "see ya, I am going to pick some apples!" Well, I called the orchard and they were open and not so close by. Actually, they were a good 40 minutes out of my way. Who cares, I have to do this at this time of year. It is part of my fall, it is something that I do every fall wherever I live, I always try to find apples to pick in the fall. That was one part of living in New England that made sense to me and made me so happy. All the picking of fresh fruit that I could do. I miss it so much. But anyway, I drove to the orchard,a beautiful drive, in the hills and it didn't take long at all. In fact by the time Jimbo texted me that he was through security and almost to the gate, I was more than half way there. I drove fast. But I found this nice little orchard and got my bag and walked up and down looking for some good apples to pick. The most ripe and yummy were the Golden Delicious. It wasn't the same as the orchards in New England but it was good. The apples are good and I got to spend time out in the trees, it was a beautiful blue sky day. I wished that I had my kiddos with me, but these days they don't really find as much joy in this activity as I do, but oh well, I still love it. So, I took a few photos with my phone camera, I hope they come out on here okay.
5 comments:
Tasty! Glad you found an orchard!
Good for you! Why don't you come over and we'll enjoy them together!
That is awesome! how many apples did you pick? And what are doing with the apples anything special?
We are just eating the apples, and I will probably make a crisp. I only picked a half bushel bag. Nice time though.
Nice change on the blog! I've been looking for another great Fall picture like the one you had last year.
Post a Comment