So, homeschool is going well. Today we had a treat. We are studying atoms in science. It just so happens that we have a scientist living here with us and so it makes preparing the science lessons so much easier for me. Today we did a little project building atoms out of candy. What boy doesn't like to build stuff and what boy doesn't love candy. So, we invited our friends over-that also homeschool and we built atoms out of candy. Jim explained it to them in depth and we watched a little video and then they had to build an atom and then have the other one guess which element that it was by looking on the periodic table and counting the protons and neutrons etc. I have to say, it was a success. We had fun, they learned more about the elements and Jim Snod the Science Bod did a wonderful job of teaching the lesson.
I am so lucky to have the assistance with this undertaking that I do. My friend Laurie, is amazingly smart and has been homeschooling for 12 years now. Jim is a scientist and a teacher and is able to help me organize my day and make lesson plans. Also, in this day and age there is so much out there available it really makes it possible to learn everything online. Also, the fact that there are so many folks that have gone before and are such success stories in homeschooling. I have to say that I am really excited about this. I am sure some of the excitement is the newness, but there is the factor that I really was afraid of the way things were going and if we can stop that by bringing him home then I will do whatever it takes. Continue to remember us in your prayers, and I will you all as well.
3 comments:
Jim actually looks like he is having more fun than the other boys. I am glad it is going so well for you.
This sounds great. I'm sure if I were taking these kinds of classes, I wouldn't be fighting the slobber-monster-of sleepyville. Congrats. Even if it's "honeymoon" excitement, enjoy it.
What a cool idea! That kind of stuff makes me want to homeschool. Then reality kicks me in the face and I just laugh really hard!
Post a Comment