What an exciting time to be on this earth!!!! I will say that I voted for McCain. I have to admit though that right up in the booth I was still unsure. I knew that Obama was going to win. I have been inspired by this man from before he was even proposing the presidency. I don't think any of us can deny that this means a lot for our country. I know that all of the mumbo jumbo that has gone around about him has really formed a lot of opinions negatively about him. I will admit that I myself would sometimes wonder. However, one thing keeps coming to my mind, and that is that one thing I learned while in the turmoil with Dale Winward is this, "my" heart can guide "me". I felt strongly about voting yesterday and my heart was really torn. I felt strongly for both. I voted republican basically on the basis of my tradtional history. I don't regret that. I will say however that I am excited for our countries future. I do not think that the mess our country is in is solely because of Mr. George Bush. He was handed a mess to deal with as well. What a huge responsiblity. I am excited to be alive while all of this has happened and that my children get to witness this. I think it has been an exciting process. I am glad it has finally come to a head and we won't have to listen to the commercials and the unending barage of political mail.
Another thought, by the next election, all of my children will be able to vote. Keaton the last will have just turned 18 and will be able to vote. Pretty amazing thought.
I was moved by it all, still am. It was so exciting to see our country come out like this. All of us wanting positve change. All of us still believing in our country. Thank God for America and I am proud to be an American!!!!
2 comments:
Yes, I voted, and like you didn't choose the winner. Now I kind of feel like I missed out or something because there is such an excitement about this monumental election. I still think McCain would have made a better President - more experienced, less "big gov't" and so on. However, it is amazing to have Obama be our President. Seth ran around all day yesterday saying, "I'm a rock Obama!" He thinks he's hilarious!
I also voted for McCain. I think it's funny how much credit people give the president. He is one of 3 bodies that govern, and without the approval of the other 2, there isn't a whole lot he can do. This whole business about how Bush ruined our country is amazing. There's so many more people involved in it. Bush is just the fall guy because he's the president. Yes, Obama has some scary ideas. Hopefully the people around him will help him be level headed.
Post a Comment