Well, the month of August has gone by so fast!!! For the first part of the month we were unpacking like crazy so that we could get out of the boxes and get settled. Then it was off to Utah to get Sami moved into college. We only had 6 days to be there so we really tried to pack in as much as we could. I took both Brittany and Keaton with me and it was the first time Keaton had been back home in 8 years. Wow, he hadn't been in Utah since 1st grade. Needless to say, he got a lot of cousin time in, it was awesome. We shopped with Sami, clothes and stuff for the dorm at Weber State University. Then spent a day moving her in and purchasing more stuff for the apt. We then headed back to Heber, to have a baby shower for Katy bugs. She was able to get some leave and head over from Colorado. It was great to see her and Josh. So, all of my children were in one state at the same time. I have no idea when that will happen again. It is just that stage of life. In fact, all of my mother's children were in one state at the same time too. It just doesn't happen often. We then had a barbeque with all of my siblings, mom and Uncle Warnel and Aunt Dorothy's family. Dani and Rick and their families were able to make it. We had great food, a water fight that wouldn't end, (started by Brittany of all people), a kick butt kickball game and good visits. We then headed out to Mom's in Roosevelt. We had yummy sweet pork burritos for dinner at Karie Ann and Roger's house and a visit from our cousin Teresa. It was fun to say the least. Keaton fell in love with Lucky the horse and I think she felt the same about him. It was too cute to see the city boy loving the fishing and hanging with the horse. Spencer and Brigham came with us to Roosevelt to have more time hanging with us. I took them to the Aqua Noodle in Vernal, just like when they were little. It was a lot of fun. The visit went by too fast, it always does. We had some great times though and I am so thankful for my kids and my family. It was wonderful being in Utah in the summer time. I loved it. Would love to be able to go again and spend more time and get to do the fun stuff like the rodeo and UBIC. Maybe another summer...........
2 comments:
It was SO great to have you here! I love your kids and you - just missed your Jim-bo! However, I will admit, it is tiring to have you around - starting silly games at 11:30 p.m. Who does that?! Well worth the forever lost hours of sleep. :) Love you!
That was a great weekend. now get your Ass in gear and update yourself!!!!!
Post a Comment