Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Are we still blogging??????











Hey all that my take a look at the blog or blob as Miss Stacey calls them. With the advance of FB. That is Facebook, and the instantaneous little fix we get from this networking tool, it seems that we have all slacked off on our blogging duties. I look back through my posts and most of them are promises to update with this or that. I realize that I never updated about the ice storm of 2008. Well, as you all know life at our house was a bit crazy back then. After that of course we were in move mode. And now, we have moved, we now live in Virginia, and have left New England. I have to say, that I like it here more than I thought I would. I am excited about the possiblities that are here. It truly feels like a fresh start. The house is better, the yard is better, I am comparing to what we had as far as house and yard in NH. Our mortgage is less including insurance and taxes. We do pay state tax here so it does kind of work out that they get you one way or the other, but we still come out better here. So, blessings have come our way. Sami found this house on the internet, it was a forclosure, and Jim was already living down here and was able to check it out for us. It was minus the appliances but otherwise in very good shape for a foreclosure. So, we took the plunge, put in appliances, offered asking price, and the bank accepted. We signed the paperwork on the 26th of June and everything has seemed to go well. We got painting done and had new carpet installed. Finally doing things in the right order. I have to say that I really love this house. It has a lot of character and is becoming homier each day. It is nice to be able to think in "decoration" mode instead of "well, when I get this done, this is what I would like to do" It just doesn't ever get done. I have posted a few pictures of the progress of painting and gettting the carpet put in on FB and I will be taking some more of the area and the house to post on here. But just so that there are some pics to go with this post, well, I am going to go ahead and put a couple on here. Albeit a little redundant. Well, I have now given a little update. I am hoping to see a few more updates from all of you. I know there are a lot of fun things going on this summer and I am anxious to get to see all of that. Also, we will be going to Utah in August to move Sami into college. And Katy is signed up to start school in August as well. So, more to come for sure.

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

Whoa! You're posting so early. Good on ya! I'm glad you love your house. That's so nice to hear. So, did you get a new dining set? Love the chocolate color - it's beautiful. Can't wait to come visit you someday!!!

House of Hullinger said...

Sorry I can't comment! I just pooped at the sight of this. Sorry got to go wipe.

Shonna Lee said...

Hey Sheryl and Karie, I am glad to see that you all still check the blogs. Now freaking update yours too. No new dining set. Still the same one. We were just using the outdoor stuff while we were waiting for our household goods. I will try and get some more done today and post some more pics of that.

LeeAnn Callister said...

Love to see that you are back to blogging again, I miss the spy network on just us'ns. Love ya and I can't wait yet I can,.....to see you

The Halloween Fans said...

I love it! New paint, new carpet, new possibilities! Glad to see an update on the blog. I agree we need to come see you again someday.